Thursday, November 12, 2020

Fashioned by the Master


 “He’s still working on me, to make me what I ought to be. It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars. How loving and patient He must be. He’s still working on me. 
There really ought to be a sign upon my heart: “Don’t judge me yet; there’s an unfinished part.” But I’ll be perfect just according to His plan, fashioned by the Master’s loving hand.”

I have loved this song since I was little.  I know some couples have songs.  Neither Brice nor I are big dancers, so we never had a song.  Some close family friends of ours had the song of "My God is so Big" as their theme song.  And their precious little guy would sing it all the time before he passed away at too young of an age. When I hear that song, I always think of him and God's strength in their lives.  

This has become our family song, and for sure my song!  I see constantly things I need to work on.  My patience with my kids, my anger when things are not done right, my worrying over things (as my dad would say 90% never even materialize of what we worry on), and on and on.  I am so thankful God is patient and loves me still.  I am so thankful that even after 40 years He is not done with me yet.  

And I am so thankful for our 6 big gifts he gave us in our kids.  Each of them are so different and special and every one of them was fashioned exactly by God with no mistakes!









  

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hit the Jackpot!

The chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 302.5 million The chance of making it to the Olympics is 1 in 1/2 a million.   The chance in havin...