Monday, July 23, 2012

Group Mania, Thanks Mound City!

Our group from Ft. Collins, CO worked like crazy to get so many things done. We were sad to see them go, as they are like family to us.  Brice and I moved there right after our honeymoon and spent the first 2 years of our marriage and Naiyah's first year a part of the church family there.  And even though it has been 5 years we have been gone, we feel like it is spending time with family everytime we are with them. 
The day they left our next group came.  This is Mound City's 1st mission trip ever that they can recall.  We feel so priviledged they support us and came to help us in St. Vincent.  After looking at the pictures below, they are some workers!  Painting, scraping, and building walls are some of the things they are working on.  Building the wall here is hard work, and even the ladies are jumping in!  They first have to dig a trench, then they will mix the cement by hand. 


The other big surprise they are working on is (I say surprise as you never know what will happen, so jobs can change constantly...as the group last week had no clue they would be helping replace our floors) plumbing.  We discovered this week about 5 different sinks/showers that have leaked to below and needed fixing....and of course God knew when he sent along Dan, who has great knowledge in the plumbing field that we don't.  I love seeing how we have no clue how God will do something, and His plan is always better than our planning. 


Our open house for the preschool was this Saturday.  I thought I would have this orderly open house for enrollment for September.  I was all prepared with the applications, or so I thought.  I had a fun birthday wall the ladies from CO helped me with to add their birthdays on.  I was ready!

First, we had just had VBS...so all the neighbors and kids from VBS decided this was a time to hang out.   So amidst the enrolling, I also had about 15 extras just hanging out:)  We had 6 boys and 1 that day and more keep coming each day to enroll!  I felt so bad as 2 of the moms did not know how to write, so my carefully prepared application was a bit too complex and confusing.  And 3 of the family members could not remember the birthdates for the birthday wall.  But, I realized none of that matters as I get so excited for Maddie and I to teach these little kids each day of God's love here.  We're so grateful to the many that have helped make it happen.  

2 comments:

  1. Praying for great things to be done while the MCCC group is there helping out as God's servants! So thankful for the opportunity for a group to come over and help get things done. Bless you all and praying continually!

    In Him,
    Danny and Keri Purinton

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so great having them. They did so much to help all here!

    ReplyDelete

We hit the Jackpot!

The chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 302.5 million The chance of making it to the Olympics is 1 in 1/2 a million.   The chance in havin...