Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Adding More Kids to Our Home

My role has tranistioned a bit in our move here.  With 3 young kids I don't get to be as involved in the school as I would love, and yet I get the privilege of being with my kiddos.  To be honest, it has been a bit of a transition I've always been such a people person and wanting lots of contact with people and until Brice gets home each day from work at the school, I am with the kids and the neighbor ladies.  We laugh as Brice is such an introvert and he is now the one meeting with all the people, entertaining visitors at the school, and teaching.  God sure knows us so well where we need to be stretched.

We'd been praying for a way as I watched and taught the kids how we could still impact the community from our home.  Plus lately on our street there have been a ton of crimes.  A man was killed during a home robbery 2 houses down and another home down the street was burglarized.  So, as we prayed I wanted a way for the community to not be scared but be more focused and united on a better home. 

Mitch and Tiffany Reed, new friends from Texas (have we mentioned we love visitors?) came this past week and helped so much here.  They put fans in the girls dorm rooms....how nice to have in this heat and they helped get some computers hooked up to the internet and so much more.  And yesterday Tiffancy was the biggest help to me!  She went door to door to all our neighborhood community with Naiyah, Pax, and I to pass out fliers inviting our into our home every week for kids club.  And it starts today!  We passed out 40 fliers just in our block radius.  I decided that though there were more close homes with kids, I needed to stop there.  Brice and I can't handle any more than that at this point:)  I have no clue if any will show up, but we are praying.  We're teaching manners & etiquette, games, music, crafts, and Bible stories.  I kept seeing so many cute kids on the street that I kept extending the ages.....so we'll see who shows up:) 

Since there are no street addresses, it was a bit hard to give directions.  So pray that is not a hinderance!  My neighbor informed me that the way I directed them to our house I have them going to the next street over, since you go by landmarks...whoops:)  She said even being my neighbor, she could not have found it.  Still lots to learn here even after being here a few months!

So pray for our community today to grow in fear of the Lord, not in fear of man.....

1 comment:

We hit the Jackpot!

The chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 302.5 million The chance of making it to the Olympics is 1 in 1/2 a million.   The chance in havin...