Thursday, February 2, 2012

Slowing down from a fast pace

Our youngest son, Paxson, has been dealing with thrush for a bit....so we thought let's go down to the local pharmacy and get some medicine.  Even here you can't just get medicine...you need a perscription.  So, we walked a few more blocks to a new doctor's office.  After a bit the doctor comes out and passes by, asks what is wrong, checks Pax, and says, "Yes, it is thrush.  You need a perscription.  I will see you in awhile in my office."  And then he proceeds to the next patient.  An hour and a half later, we entered his office and he checked Pax all over.  After seeing him, he asked us what was wrong with his pale skin color.  Apparently, he does not have many white patients:)
Awhile later, he finally wrote us a perscription, we got to walk 8 blocks away to another pharmacy that was supposed to be open later.  It has closed since our appoinment lasted longer than expected...but a lady in the back came and reopened for us and got us the needed medicine. 
Sometimes I can go through these new exeriences and think this is ridiculous waiting so long and going through all this check-up when we just needed a note for medicine.  I think we know a better way things should be done.  I guess I just want things done at a faster pace....but then I sit here and I am thinking at a slower pace.
I am thinking of how thankful I am for a caring doctor nearby that recognized the problem and yet still wanted to spend time checking over everything.  I am thankful that he cared about each patient and would take time seeing each one. I am thankful for a clinic nearby we can walk to if needed that only cost us $8 US dollars.  And I am thinking of a pharmacy full of medicines available. 

1 comment:

We hit the Jackpot!

The chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 302.5 million The chance of making it to the Olympics is 1 in 1/2 a million.   The chance in havin...