Sunday, February 26, 2012

Thank you, Sister Bea!

For over 25 1/2 years Sister Bea has lived, taught, mentored, cooked, and served at WISE.  We got the priviledge of honoring her last night from the staff, students, and friends here in St. Vincent.  She is joining her husband in Canada at a church he will minister to there.  We are happy they will be reunited and serving and impacting people there, but so many will miss her here.  While we only got 2 months working with her, it is unimaginable to think of all the student lives she impacted over the years! 





We played a game of "Who Knew Sister Bea the Best".  I tried to find things to stump them, but alas her best friend won!  Our current students scored the lowest :)   Then, the staff made a special tribute slide show and presented her with gifts.  And the staff ladies prepared a special dinner.  I got the cake decorating job.  And thanks to a special friend in Haiti...I tried out my skills.  I am not sure how my friend Beth does hers, as 4 hours in this heat later... the icing was dripping...but I guess it tastes the same however it looks!

We will miss you, Sister Bea!


1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering if you had a bakery there!?! Job well done, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete

We hit the Jackpot!

The chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 302.5 million The chance of making it to the Olympics is 1 in 1/2 a million.   The chance in havin...