Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Neighbor gone

On a sad note.....our very next door neighbor has passed.  We had not yet gotten to know him, but my kids knew him as the "fire man". He would burn huge big piles of palm leaves and other yard stuff to make big billows of smoke in our yard.  He had done that the day before.

When I had heard a man down the street had been strangled during a burglary, I had not realized it was the older gentleman next door. All they know yet was missing was groceries and food items so far.

 I am sad we had not gotten to know him.  And I am sad this happened.  Living in Haiti and now here, when people asked about thieves....I never worried.  I always thought they really need it to eat if they were stealing.  But, this is harder to understand- that you would kill someone else to get his things. 

He did not have immediate family that we know of, but pray the neighbors and distant relatives can find comfort and yearn for a deeper meaning for their lives in this fleeting, temproray world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hit the Jackpot!

The chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 302.5 million The chance of making it to the Olympics is 1 in 1/2 a million.   The chance in havin...