Wednesday, December 30, 2015

I cried

     I can tend to be an emotional person.  I sob at movies, even the happy endings.  Every graduation, whether I know the graduates or not, makes me cry too.  But, our crazy mission field life has made me immune to crying over good-byes.

     We have said good-bye to so many.  Leaving family and friends each furlough.  Leaving dear teammates in Haiti.  Short-term staff, groups we connect with, students after they graduate.  They all eventually leave.

      So even though I love people, I can't ever make myself tear up, it just seems natural to say, "Hope to see you again one day."  And give them a smile on their way.  So, often times when people are saying goodbye I try hiding or being busy elsewhere and I try never to go to the airport.  I don't know why, just it's such a usual occurrence and I don't want others to think I don't care, I just don't get emotional since it happens so much.

     I did cry today over a good-bye.  My parents got to be here for Christmas and it meant so much as being in a new place, I was more homesick than usual.  I have also been having several pregnancy problems that have required me to rest more.  So, having my mom cook, clean, and entertain the kids for the week was so nice.  So, when she hugged me good-bye and whispered, "Please take care of yourself so the baby is okay."  I did cry.  We want this baby so much and starting a school while doing daily necessities and having my mom here to help in this time was really special.

     We hope you all have been able to enjoy wonderful time with family this Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We hit the Jackpot!

The chance of winning the lottery is 1 in 302.5 million The chance of making it to the Olympics is 1 in 1/2 a million.   The chance in havin...